We’ve made the set-up so simple with Peer-to-Peer Technology
Connecting the DVR to your favourite devices is made simple with an app that is available from iTunes and Google Play. Simply connect your DVR to the cameras, download the free app and scan the QR code located on your DVR. Then let the app do its thing, allowing you to connect your system in seconds to your compatible iOS or Android Device.
To ensure you don’t miss anything, configure the DVR to send you email alerts wherever you happen to be, with a JPEG image attached of any activity or motion.
How does it work?
The simple answer is “Peer-to-Peer” or P2P – a technology most famously used in the video communication software of Skype, which uses P2P technology to provide VoIP solutions. Because there is no server to provide file storage or distribution, the P2P end-devices can communicate with each other and share files without using the server.
What does this mean for you?
We have now put our 40 years of experience in CCTV to good use by working with our manufacturing department in the Far East to include a wealth of additional useful features within our camera range, at unbeatable prices.
Basson Direct CCTV has been designed by us to make your life easier and offers the following:
- Easy P2P set-up (no fixed IP address required)
- Push Alarm on activation of PIR or motion to iPhone, Tablet or Desktop
- E-mail notification on alarm, camera fail and hard drive fail
- FREE Surveillance software
- 720 p HD resolution, 1.3 Mega-pixel
- Amazing Picture Quality – see for yourself on our Video page
- High-definition live viewing and playback in real-time (25/30 fps per channel)
- Motion detection– supports PIR alarm detectors for external reliable detection
- Remote access from anywhere in the world
- H264 compression with main stream at high resolution or sub-stream for low bandwidth applications or viewing on a mobile
- Android and iOS (iPhone, iPad) compatible
- 15 metres Night Vision
- View live in HD on your HDTV via HDMI or VGA connection to your LCD screen
- Set and Forget – DVR will overwrite recording after about 20 days, meaning you don’t have any ongoing maintenance*
- 1-Year Warranty
- Free Tech Support using a local number
*Expandable for extra capacity if required
What else will I need to use the kit?
There are a few things that you will need in addition to what’s included:
- Something to view the footage on: Such as your existing TV or a computer monitor. A connecting cable is supplied, but you might need to buy a separate one specifically for your type of monitor or TV.
- Internet access at the location you intend to install the cameras and DVR: If you want to remotely view footage on your computer, tablet or smartphone. You’ll also need a network cable of sufficient length to connect the DVR to your Internet router. Alternatively, we highly recommend buying a Home Plug, which allows you to run Ethernet over your home’s existing mains cable. These devices are the perfect solution for extending your home network. With plug-and-play set up, installation is very simple, it is great for 3D or high definition multimedia streaming.
- Some equipment for installation: A drill, drill bits, cable ties, cable clips, screwdriver, ladders to reach high places and other equipment to ensure your cabling from the cameras is tidy.
Can I add more than 4 cameras to the system?
Yes, depending on what DVR you have bought, these kits can connect and record up to 16 cameras simultaneously. Raptor HD 8 and 16 Channel DVR kits are also available to purchase.
How long will the system record for?
The exact answer depends on how the system is configured, how many cameras are recording at once and the size of the hard drive installed in your kit. Please contact our support team for assistance with choosing the right size hard drive for your needs.
What happens when the hard disk is full? Will the system stop recording or overwrite?
By default, the digital video recorder is set to record continuously so that once the disk becomes full it starts recording over the oldest footage. In this way the system would, by default, never stop recording and always hold the most recent set of footage.
How can I copy footage from the system, if I need to?
Footage can be copied by simply using the DVR’s USB port; copy onto a USB Flash device or USB hard drive. The footage is recorded in a standard format that can be viewed on most computers and uploaded / shared as required.
Is there a warranty on BassonDirect products?
You can contact our customer service team via bassondirect.com/support if you need help or warranty assistance. This kit is backed by a 12-month warranty in the unlikely event of something going wrong. We will be happy to offer you a full refund or replacement if required.